Hello,

I have a multi-module Maven project setup similar to the multi-module
archetype, but created before I knew about that, using GWT 2.8.2 and the
gwt-maven-plugin 1.0-rc-9.

shared - Contains DTOs with JS interop annotations, packaged as gwt-lib
client - GWT code, depends on shared as gwt-lib
server - spring-boot application which depends on client and shared
modules, packages the nocache.js from client into target/classes/static at
build time, also serves the index.html

I launch the application from IntelliJ using a standard run configuration
to start the server, and then a "mvn gwt:codeserver" from the root module
where launcherDir is pointing to
"{project.build.Directory}/gwt/launcherDir" of the root module.

The first time I load the application in Chrome it will automatically
compile and then load fine. If I then make a change to something in the
client module and refresh the page, it does not automatically compile. If I
then click the bookmark for "Dev Mode On", it will pop up the dialog and if
I click compile it works fine.

I'm trying to figure out what the difference is between the first page load
and the subsequent ones. Looking in Chrome Dev Tools after the first page
load, I can see that some script elements get injected at the top of the
head element related to recompile, but then when I do the next refresh some
of those elements are no longer there, but there is still one element
pointing to the codeserver for the nocache.js.

Is there anything obvious that I'm missing preventing the auto-compile on
refresh?

One thing I tried was altering the server's locations for static resources
by setting
spring.resources.static-location=file://../target/gwt/launcherDir,classpath:/static/

so that it would load the nocache.js from the launcherDir, but doesn't seem
to really change the behavior. Maybe that part isn't working the way I
think it is.

Thanks,

Bryan