> So, where I can expect problems to start manifesting?

I think if you can make sure that you only put elemental2 based components
into GWT widgets, then it should work without major issues. But if you have
to add a GWT widget into an elemental2 based component, then you have the
problem of handling the widget lifecycle correctly so that event handlers
for that GWT widget work correctly.

-- J.