Are these classes truly sub-classes, or are you using MyObject as a
generic "Object" (in the Java Object class sense) that is
serializable?
Meaning, does MyObject have a bunch of state that is also shared by
MyObject1..50?  Or is MyObject pretty much empty with all of the
state in the individual sub-classes?

If that is the case, what is the purpose?  So you can pass MyObject1..
MyObject50 type objects through the same RPC method?

I'm asking because it's hard to imagine (in Object Oriented terms) a
reasonable scenario in which there is a base class with truly shared
state across 50 subclasses.  Sure, such cases exist (witness Java
Object or a UIObject type class), but they are relatively rare in
typical
domain modeling.

It seems a mistake to have something like:

class MyObject {
   protected int id;
}

class MyObject1 extends MyObject {
   // more state
}

yada yada...

class MyObject50 extends MyObject {
   // more state
}

If you can provide some context around your modeling domain,
it will be easier to answer your question.  But on the surface, it
sounds like you need to rethink your object model.

If MyObject is empty or fairly empty of state, you might dodge the
bullet (without solving the modeling issue) by making it an interface.
By doing so you can still have one RPC method that takes the
MyObject interface without having truly polymorphic subclasses.

-Brett