Serializable is defined by Java. IsSerializable is defined by Google.
IsSerializable is recommended, because it provides functionality
specific to GWT (including remediating the need for a serialUID
field). The reason I defined a separate interface is for compiler
optimization (see Google IO 2009 - The Story of your GWT Compile).
Basically, rather than going out and finding every object that extends
IsSerializable, you can just have an interface to be implemented by
those classes you know will be transfered.

Also, it seems to me that the IsSerializable and Transferable might
have different meanings in this context. Perhaps Transferable should
be named "Mappable" or something. The point is, you would need a
overarching interface that implements IsSerializable and is specific
enough not to compile the entire java library.