Hi Ed
at first thanks for your answer.

"1) If yes: then you have your solution as you only have to set the CSS
name on your widget/panel through for example setStyleName(String)."

it's the first thing i tried. But it didn't work at all. here is a listing
of the involved part in my css file:

*.rightPanelReservedZone {*
* **background-image: url(images/bgleer.jpg);*
* **background-repeat: no-repeat;*
* **background-attachment: fixed;*
* **font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;*
* **font-size: 12px;*
* **font-style: normal;*
* **font-weight: normal;*
* **height: 90%;*
* **width: 85%;** *
*}*

and i then add a new style by calling:

*//rightPanel.addStyleName("rightPanelReservedZone");*
* **rightPanel.setStyleName("rightPanelReservedZone");*
*
*
Like you can see, i tried the both methods, but without success.

I thought it could be a problem with the image's path. But to my surprise, i
the image was found as i try the following *panel.add(new
Image("images/pic.jpg"))*.