But, like i said, protecting admin.html with a tomcat rule like this:
 <security-constraint>
               <web-resource-collection>
                <web-resource-name>Reports Browser</web-resource-name>
                <url-pattern>admin.html</url-pattern>
                </web-resource-collection>
                <auth-constraint>
                        <role-name>admin</role-name>
                </auth-constraint>
</security-constraint>

<login-config>
<auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>
<realm-name>Protected Area</realm-name>
</login-config>

wouldn't be enough? Once i have protected my admin.html page with
this, the user can't download that page without permission.
Or am I missing/misunderstanding something?

Nickelnext