Have to disagree with you, Sri.

It is simple to create SEO-friendly content-driven web sites with GWT used
just for navigation and history. There is no need for a recompile if content
changes. I'm working on one like that right now.

If you design it properly, then you don't even need to recompile to add
pages to your GWT-driven menu system and without too much trouble, you can
even have an SE-friendly site with the information held in a database.

Ian

http://examples.roughian.com