After you compile your project, go into the war folder and zip up the
contents of that folder. Name the zip file something.war where
something will be what you want your url to be. So, if you are
deploying to www.milamade.com, and named your war file dtrac.war, your
app would be available at www.milamade.com/dtrac. Now, copy your war
file to the webapps folder of your Tomcat server. The first time you
do that, Tomcat will automatically extract it and create the necessary
folder for you. When redeploying, you will still copy the new war file
to the same location (overwriting the old one), but then you will need
to run Tomcat manager and choose to reload the app.

HTH,
Chad Bourque
www.milamade.com