Here's what I usually do to transition between "pages" in GWT. It may or may
not be what your looking for.

I first clear the Rootpanel, then add to the panel another class which acts
like another page.

Here's a example:

public class Example implements EntryPoint {
  public void onModuleLoad() {
      final Button nextButton = new Button("Go to another page");
      //Activates if the button is clicked.
        nextButton.addClickHandler(new ClickHandler() {
            public void onClick(ClickEvent event) {
              RootPanel.get().clear();
              RootPanel.get().add((IsWidget) new Page());
            }
        });

public class Page{
    public Page(){
        //Heres your new page. Anything you add to the RootPanel will show
up on the screen.
       //In your case you will probably want to re-add the menu here first.