On Sat, Apr 7, 2012 at 8:39 PM, Jens <jens.nehlme...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You can still use Safari 5.0.5 and possibly 5.0.6 (see:
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/google-web-toolkit/uIJ5VqmxO_s/WwHQK0YtaFMJ
> and http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1422). I have both Safari versions
> installed side by side in Lion and it works.
> There is also OmniWeb for Mac OS which has used the old Safari 5.0.5 plugin
> api. But I am not sure if the current version of OmniWeb still works.
> Haven't tried it.

Great, but my users aren't using Safari 5.0.5 or OmniWeb.  To be
honest I don't really care that much about Safari as long as Chrome
works.  But for some reason it doesn't, and the failure mode is
unhelpful.  I don't hear a lot of people complaining about this so I
have to wonder - is it something about my system?  Or has everyone
just decided that the only way to do GWT+WebKit development is with an
obsolete version of Safari?

I hope this doesn't come across as snotty - I genuinely don't know.
I've been absent from GWT-land for a year, and now when I come back,
nothing works "out of the box".  Not one browser.

>> FireFox 10 is working but I'm afraid to
>> upgrade to FF 11 for fear of breaking the plugin and getting stranded.
>
> Thanks to Alan Leung you can find recent Firefox plugins builds in this
> group.

Yup, after a few tries I got it working.  Thankfully, I'm not
completely hobbled - but Firebug is a very poor substitute for Chrome
Dev Tools.  How can I get Chrome working?

Thanks,
Jeff