Hi,

I have received many spam mails since few weeks. I have tried to remember the places
where I gave my mail address and I found 3 mailing-lists, including jakarta-struts and
jakarta-general which archives are managed by mail-archive.com.

When I look at Google for my mail address (which I will not send on a public
discussion), only one record is found :
www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg28584.html

I suppose that you are doing your best to protect your communities from spam abuse, but
I'd like to have my address removed from that archive. Like a lot of people victim of
spam, my address is a professionnal address and I cant imagine to close it and open a
new one, just to stop receiving spam mail.

I'm convinced that if I eliminate most traces of my mail address on the web, I'll not
receive more junk mail than I receive now or best I'll receive less. I can understand
that it can take long time for you to remove my address from the archive : you are for
sure as busy as me and the deletion of my mail address can be a hard or long task.
Anyway, the only thing I want is to be sure that within some delay, it will be done.

I hope you'll take my request into account !

Another thing : when I look at other mailing-lists, I find some lists that completely
obfuscate the mail addresses (like this : [EMAIL PROTECTED]). The address can not
be reconstructed or captured in any way. Instead of that, the mail-archive.com service
is only replacing the @ by a html entity (some &12345; sort of thing). I believe a mail
address harvester can easily work around that protection. So mail archive should try to
erase completely the information about the author and recipients addresses and any
information about mail routing (relays ...) so that no information could be used for
spamming.

Best regards.
Jean-Philippe Bret-Gaubaste