I was playing with website translations and localizations today. The
top five missing languages for M-A are Italian, Russian, Turkish,
Chinese, and Swedish. I am tempted to sit down with dictionaries and
try my best, but that approach usually doesn't work very well.

http://www.jnweb.com/funny/translation.html

So instead I'm making the localization process easier. First, the user
interface has gotten less wordy over the years so I was able to
shorten the translation template. Second, I've linked to example
archives for each of the 16 supported languages.  That should make it
easier to find translation glitches.

http://www.mail-archive.com/faq.html#i18n

If this inspires somebody to step forward with new translations,
phrasing corrections, or other feedback, great. If not, well, prepare
for some very awkward sounding Italian localization in the near
future. You have been warned.