HI Christian.

Actually, we've been using Google's search for our front-page site-wide
search for years.  Our internally-developed Lucene search has always been on
the individual lists and still is.  So we've never had Lucene search
parameter controls on that site-wide search.

The only change that took place was Google required us to update the search
box code we use on the front page, and now it has that Google Custom Search
logo, and ads are now showing on the right side of the search results.  The
old site-wide search had Google's ads above the message search results and
we thought getting them off to the side was less intrusive.

It's unfortunate that Google insists on having their logo on our front-page
search box now and I'm trying to reach a Google rep to see what we can do
about that.  As for the ads on the site-wide search results we'd prefer to
turn them off completely since they kind of get in the way and only generate
a few dollars anyway.

The reason we went with Google's search for our site-wide results years ago
is because we couldn't efficiently generate a Lucene index that spans all
messages across all lists.  Perhaps it's time for us to revisit this now
that we aren't particularly happy with the Google logo or the change in ad
display requirements.

Jeff