Today I want to express my support and appreciation for Lars Magne
Ingebrigtsen. For those not familiar, Lars created and has been running
the utterly terrific email archiving service Gmane for 14 years. I've
long admired both Gmane's engineering excellence and integrity.

Unfortunately, one downside of wide impact is stress. Angry people.
Vandalism, in the form of denial of service computer attacks. I don't
know everything Lars has been through, but it's substantial and he's
frustrated. It's time for change.

https://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/2016/07/28/the-end-of-gmane/

I don't know exactly what the change will be, but The Mail Archive
will do anything we can to help. I've contacted Lars and made that
clear. I suspect he's getting an outpouring of support, and hopefully
will be able to choose amongst good options for the future.

Thank you Lars, for everything. Especially the fun.