We’ve decided to make a policy change for The Mail Archive regarding
message removal. For the last eighteen years (time flies!) list
administrators have been responsible for decisions on removing content from
publicly archived lists. We have had this policy in place in order to
preserve the integrity of the public lists and to avoid The Mail Archive
having to make decisions on removing archived public list content. Thank
you to all the admins who have made those decisions over the years.

The new policy is a strict expansion. List administrators may still remove
any message from their list.  In addition, any poster may request removal
of messages that that they themselves have written without having to get
administrator approval.  Deletion requests for messages written by another
user (including messages where an individual’s public post may have been
quoted by someone else) will still require list administrator approval.  We
feel this policy strikes a balance between respect for individual privacy
and respect for the concept of public mailing lists and open public
discussion.

As always, removal requests should be sent to our support address (
themailarch...@gmail.com).

Thank you again for using The Mail Archive.

Jeff