Glad you were able to get things working. For search experts out there, The
Mail Archive uses Lucene search syntax. See the following documentation.

http://www.mail-archive.com/faq.html#search
http://www.mail-archive.com/searching.html

More specifically, the site uses the default Lucene query parser, except
for two
things. We default the parser to the AND instead of OR. And we support the
special search term "sort:newest" which puts results in chronological order.

    query_parser.setDefaultOperator(QueryParser.Operator.AND)

Sounds like things are going well. But if you need a small tweak to the
search engine, just ask.