Hi,

working on a simple search portlet I noticed that currently even if search index service is implemented I cant see it being used when a document is added or removed so that docs are not indexed. (pls correct me if i am wrong).

If I am not wrong I need to pass ContentIndexServiceImpl as a constructor arg to DocumentModelServiceImpl so that I can persistenceService.insert(document); remove and update. Correct?

So what I have done (no exp with spring frame:() is add an ContentIndexServiceImpl bean in graffito xml and define it as constructor arg to both graffito.xml and DocumentModelServiceImpl class. See bellow my addition/modif to xml. But when I deploy to j2 kai run tomcat I get an exception (see below) on startup. Any ideas what I miss here please?

regards,
Vangelis

graffito.xml================================================

        <!-- Document Model Service -->
<bean id="org.apache.portals.graffito.services.dm.impl.DocumentModelServiceImpl" class="org.apache.portals.graffito.services.dm.impl.DocumentModelServiceImpl" >
                <constructor-arg >
<ref bean="org.apache.portals.graffito.persistence.impl.ContentPersistenceServiceImpl"/>
                </constructor-arg>
                <constructor-arg >
<ref bean="org.apache.portals.graffito.services.core.impl.ContentVersionServiceImpl"/>
                </constructor-arg>
                <constructor-arg >
<ref bean="org.apache.portals.graffito.services.search.impl.ContentIndexServiceImpl"/>
                </constructor-arg>
        </bean>
        <!-- ContentIndexService Service -->
<bean id="org.apache.portals.graffito.services.search.impl.ContentIndexServiceImpl" class="org.apache.portals.graffito.services.search.impl.ContentIndexServiceImpl">
                <constructor-arg >
<ref bean="org.apache.portals.graffito.persistence.impl.ContentPersistenceServiceImpl"/>
                </constructor-arg>
                <constructor-arg >
                        <value>java.lang.String</value>
                </constructor-arg>
        </bean>

org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'org.apache.portals.graffito.services.dm.impl.DocumentModelServi ceImpl' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/assembly/graffito.xml]: Uns atisfied dependency expressed through constructor argument with index 2 of type [org.apache.portals.graffito.services.search.ContentIndexService]: Did you speci
fy the correct bean references as generic constructor arguments?
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBean
Factory.createArgumentArray(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:629)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBean
Factory.autowireConstructor(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:502)