Hi,

The ASF board asked us to report again this month on the outcome of
the project status discussion we had recently. It seems that there's
marked interest in the project, but as of now not much is happening.
I'd like to resume the discussion and hopefully arrive in a conclusion
that we could include in the next Incubator report.

There was talk about better componentization of the project. What
could this mean in practice? My view is that currently Graffito is
more designed as a full framework rather than a set of independent
components. Would it make sense to revisit this design decision, and
what would be the amount of required vs. available effort for doing
something like that? And more fundamentally, what would be the
requirements and use cases for more independent components?

Alternatively, assuming we keep the current architecture, what could
be done to encourage and enable a more active community? Are there
technical obstacles for trying out and adopting Graffito, do we need
more documentation, or would some other measures help?

I personally have some issues (discussed last autumn) with the current
design which makes Graffito less appealing for some webapp projects
I've been thinking of. I also found it a bit hard to grasp the
underlying idea of Graffito, there is no clear metafor or a similar
explanation of what Graffito is really about. It might be just me, but
if similar views are more common, that might explain the low level of
adoption we are still seeing.

BR,

Jukka Zitting