On 1/10/23 1:44 AM, Bernardo Santos via grass-user wrote:
I unfortunately do not have a way to upgrade it myself since this is a company server shared with other people (and we have been fighting with IT to change to GRASS 8). But maybe it is easier to at lease update GRASS to version 7.8.7 (or 7.8.8).

A workaround, without having to upgrade GRASS (which is not a good idea), is to clone the grass-addons repo and supply a local path as extension URL.

    git clone -b grass7 https://github.com/OSGeo/grass-addons $PWD/grass-addons
    g.extension extension=r.area url=$PWD/grass-addons/src/raster/r.area

Asim