Thanks Dirk and Lars for you replies,

Nathan's definition as far as I m aware only does cylindrical objects
and ass soon as it gets a bit more complex or a poltsurface fails to
do the job,
I found a definition sent by Tim called WaffleBrep2 which he poseted a
while ago but for some weird reason it doesnt see my geometry as a
brep! which it should .
I dont know if its just me or there have been people having the same
problem.

http://groups.google.com/group/grasshopper3d/web/WaffleBREP_2.zip?hl=en

if anyone can test it and let me know that would be great. I didi
email him and put a post on the page but there was no reply.

http://groups.google.com/group/grasshopper3d/browse_thread/thread/7ce918afea97487e/1402bc9d3ccbee45?lnk=gst&q=waffle#1402bc9d3ccbee45

if this works then its all sorted if not then I think I should try
doing what Dirk suggested,

Cheers,

Arya