Hi Evert,

 I want to initially manually place random points (based on function - ex
living, dining, kitchen). The i want them to accomodate a certain area (
hence the circle ). I would want them to move in relation to each other ( a
toilet isn't going to be related to living - or some other relation). Hence
i need to pack with certain rules.

 An image with a basic sketch

 I hope i have stated the problem better now.

Shankar