Thanks Damien,
j=0 doesn't make a difference. It turns out that you have to set the
input of the Point XYZ component to cross reference. I mixed-up the
single dimensional array that the Primer is talking about with that
setting. Even if you have a grid of points, they still can be put in a
single dimensional array of course.