There's an easier and better way to (re)install a GM script: navigate to
the .user.js file on e.g. http://localhost/path/to/script.user.js
This will prompt for installation of the script, download @require
resources, and so forth.
So I suggest you copy your primary user script into a directory for
Apache to serve, then navigate to its path there.
But you're right, GM's New User Script command should allow you to
include e.g. @require, @resource. Maybe add a generalizable section to it?

As far as reconstructing your config.xml: do you have backups from
before your edits? If not, you'll probably be best off deleting or
otherwise resetting it, then re-installing all the user scripts you had.