On 2010-08-04 08:57, Mr Warper wrote:
Hi Sam & Anthony,

Sam L wrote:
if permission is denied for file:// might locating the page on a web
server http:// resolve this problem?

I guess so, but this is not what I want to do. See below...

wherever the page is usage of unsafeWindow will expose your script to
that page's scripts

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 11:31 AM, Mr Warper <mrwar...@gmail.com> wrote:
Permission denied for <file://> to get property XPCComponents.classes

Anthony Lieuallen wrote:
> On 08/04/10 11:31, Mr Warper wrote:
>>  In normal Javascript, the following  code works:
>> netscape.security.PrivilegeManager.enablePrivilege('UniversalXPConnect');
>> Any ideas out there?
>
> If you really _have_ to do that, then I'd advise that you just make sure
> your code actually runs in the page context where it works.
>
> http://wiki.greasespot.net/Location_hack
> or
> http://wiki.greasespot.net/Content_Scope_Runner

Turns out I actually forgot to mention this:

I _want_ to run a GM script against pages that I have saved to disk and edited previously to tweak them up a bit (hence the 'file://' bit of the error), so I'm pretty sure I'm safe since I'm not exposing my ProfD location or anything to something I haven't cleaned up before.

And so remains my original question :)

Anthony's suggestion, actually, was intended to help with that -- have you tried using the location hack as linked to eliminate the usage of unsafeWindow?

--
cc | pseudonymous |<http://carlclark.mp/>

--
I said "NO" to drugs, but they didn't listen. «= tagzilla.mozdev.org