Local Travel Movement

My first reaction to the "Local Travel Movement" announcement was
"What a great April Fool's joke!"  Then I noticed by the date
that they were a few days late.  So it was meant to be serious!

Second thought: Well, duh, local travel is what we all do until
the economic recession/depression eases.

Third thought: Wait a minute -- local travel is what I've always
done, using our bicycles to reduce our carbon footprint, growing
our own food, eating and recreating locally.  But we don't
require any help from the "industry" to accomplish this, thank
you very much.

So I think I've come full circle and I'm back to considering it
an April Fool's joke.  Happy April Fool's Day!

Your thoughts?

//  John  //