From: Ecotourism Kenya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2007 1:08:05 AM
Subject: Upcoming Ecotourism Kenya events

Dear friend of Ecotourism Kenya

This month, we have the following four items for your attention:

Upcoming Ecotourism Kenya events:

1.  The Water and Energy Efficiency training workshop will be held on
May 10th 2007 at the AMREF Training Centre, Nairobi. This is the
course for managers, engineers, technicians, lecturers, students and
others who wish to achieve high efficiency in their current water and
energy use systems. Charges are Ksh. 1,300 for members and Ksh. 2,000
for non-members (inclusive of meals and conference materials).
Register now. Registration deadline is April 30, 2007.

2.  Coast Eco-rating meeting to be held in Turtle Bay Beach Club on
April 28th 2007 from 9.00am to 12.30pm. The aim of the meeting is to
introduce the Eco-rating Scheme to tourism accommodation providers at
the coast. (The Eco-rating Scheme is a certification programme that
is implemented by Ecotourism Kenya and rates hotels, lodges and camps
based on environmental conservation and local community support
criteria.) We have chosen to have the meeting at Turtle Bay because
it is an Eco-rated facility; participants will have an opportunity to
see some of the features that the Eco-rating Scheme considers.

Participation is free, but prior confirmation of participation is
required by close of business of April 26, 2007. To confirm, call
Philip on tel. +254 20 2724403/2724755 or email
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Premier Gold & Silver Eco-rated facilities

Basecamp Masai Mara, Campi ya Kanzi and Malewa River Lodge are the
premier winners of Gold Eco-rating, the highest level of
certification in the Eco-rating scheme. This rating signifies
excellence and/or innovation in environmental management, sustainable
use of resources and community/social linkages. Additionally,
Amboseli Porini Camp, Mara Porini Camp, Olonana camp, Ol Seki Mara
and Turtle Bay Beach Club achieved Silver Eco-rating. For more
information, visit http://www.ecotourismkenya.org/newsview.php?key=14

Eco-warriors

The winners of Eco-warrior Awards 2006 are Campi ya Kanzi and Ol
Donyo Wuas Lodge. Congratulations!

Call for papers

The 4th World Conference for Graduate Research in Tourism,
Hospitality and Leisure is calling for submission of research papers
from graduate students or recent graduates either on tourism, travel,
hospitality, leisure and recreation issues and other related topics
like sociology of tourism, management and marketing of tourism,
geography of tourism, psychology of tourism and leisure, economics of
tourism and leisure and recreation. For more information, visit
http://www.anatoliajournal.com/conference

Quote:

"Every time I travel to Europe, I dig a hole and plant at least eight
trees to offset my carbon." – Wangari Maathai