Announcement

Responsible Tourism Week (May 17-21) is a free demonstration of Web 2.0
<http://planeta.wikispaces.com/web2>  as a means of documenting the
challenges of developing (and maintaining!) responsible tourism.

One of the key objectives of Responsible Tourism Week is to create
incentives for continuity - we'd really like to hear updates on recent
tourism conferences and events and we'd like to look forward to events in
the future.  Another key objective is to strengthen relationships with
existing contacts and make new friends!

We'll be using Delicious, Facebook, Flickr, Slideshare, Twitter and YouTube
to document tourism practices around the world.

Be honest and be public. This is the week where you get to shout out to the
world the good things you see around you. Create a local event. Support a
local event. Create a local event. Lead the way or follow the topics for
which you have interest and passion. Talk food, volunteering, slowtravel,
localtravel. Organize a marshmellow challenge
<http://marshmallowchallenge.com> or create a foamboard
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/planeta/sets/72157623427109816>.

TIPS
 Walk the talk - Practice responsible tourism where you are.
Be generous! - Compliment someone via twitter, fave a photo or write a
testimonial on Flickr, give a thumbs up to a video on YouTube. Be generous.
<http://planeta.wikispaces.com/generous>
Play nice! - Enough said.
Be creative - Can you make your own poster or graphic for RT Week 2010?
Have your say - What is responsible tourism? Please answer the rt survey
<http://tinyurl.com/responsibletourismsurvey>
Show your savvy - Use the hashtag: #rtweek2010
<http://visibletweets.com/#query=rtweek201010&animation=1>

Details
http://planeta.wikispaces.com/rtweek2010

Slideshare