---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Delhi Forum <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 21 Jul 2008 13:46
Subject: Action Alert - NAPM Karnataka Convenor Killed

Friends,

We are writing to share the extremely shocking news that *NAPM Karnataka
Convenor A.D Babu* has been killed.

Mr Babu was on his way to attend a NAPM organised meeting of the anti-
liquor campaign at Ramnagaram, along with Sr. Celia and couple of other
colleagues when a group of people stopped the vehicle at Mayanagram (some
kms before the meeting venue) and attacked him with knives and swords. He
was killed on the spot, in front of his comrades. It is believed that the
strong liquor mafia in Karnataka is behind this gruesome murder.

We are yet to have details as news is just coming in. The NAPM convenors
meeting is being held at Wardha. A team of HR activists and NAPM friends
have rushed to Mayanagram...

Mr. A D Babu was among the most active comrades who emerged within the
leadership of NAPM and was made a convener of the state unit recently.

We call upon all sections of the people to condemn murder of A D Babu and
demand immediate action by the state government...
--

In shock and grief,

Delhi Forum

F-10/12, Malviya Nagar
New Delhi - 110017 INDIA
Phones: +91-11-26680883/26680914
Emails: [EMAIL PROTECTED] / [EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
Bobby Kunhu
http://community.eldis.org/myshkin/Blog/