Just to clarify on how well-oiled this campaign is the official sarah palin
facebook page has 116,000 or more fans, where pertinent questions on her
homophobia, stance on abortion etc. are asked, while there is even a
facebook porn page on Palin on facebook called *I would totally do Sarah
Palin. *Whats interesting is that most of these groups have sprung up around
her VP nomination seemingly pointing to the need for an American Politician
to go public only when faced with a choice of her/his foriegn policy
questions
The Barack Obama official facebook group has around 1,740,295 members, John
McCain throws up at the max 315,307 supporters. There are more Obama hate
groups than McCain hate groups. But Obama seems to be generating more
internet interest on the whole. While Hillary Clinton has only 116,902
supporters on her page, she seems to have a personal facebook page, while
Joe Biden as a politician fetches around 49,000 supporters
Atleast the facebook stroy seems to be a Obama vs. Palin fight, based
sheerly on the group activity and number of responses thrown on a simple
search, which in itself is a giant leap for the American society and a tiny
respite for a battered world
Best
p.s- the figures are as and when I last searched facebook five minutes back

--
Bobby Kunhu http://community.eldis.org/myshkin/Blog/