Dear All,

First a good news: since gregorio is developped on github, its
development has speed up quite a lot, and many people are now involved!

We're currently cleaning many things up and make the development easier
and more accessible to potential contributors, so that things may
improve even faster.

Going in this direction, an idea I have is to focus on Gregorio main
functionality (transforming .gabc into .tex), and remove complex and
unused functionalities. This could take the form of removing OpusTeX and
GregorioXML support.

OpusTeX was added when GregorioTeX was not very stable nor very good,
but now I believe it has been obsoleted by Gregorio.

GregorioXML was made to have a universal representation of scores
compatible with other possible sofwares, but it has inherent flaws: it's
mainly a dump of Gregorio's internal structure (which makes it not very
universal), is partially outdated, and doesn't seem to be used by
anyone. Also, gabc seems a much better and universal format for
gregorian score representation, so I don't see any need for GregorioXML.

Do you (or someone you know) generate OpusTeX with Gregorio or use
GregorioXML?

Thank you,
--
Elie