Hi!
Using this, as a main.tex
% !TEX TS-program = lualatex
% !TEX encoding = UTF-8
\documentclass[11pt]{article}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\usepackage{gregoriotex}
\begin{document}
\begin{center}\begin{huge}\textsc{Populus Sion}\end{huge}\end{center}
\redlines
\gresetfirstlineaboveinitial{\small \textsc{\textbf{VII}}}{\small \textsc{\textbf{VII}}}
\commentary{{\small \emph{Cf. Is. 30, 19 . 30 ; Ps. 79}}}
\includescore{populussion}
\end{document}

I have a propoer outcome. Try it. Firs remove all files except gabc file.
TG

Wiadomość napisana przez Ken Conrad <crankn...@gmail.com> w dniu 26 mar 2015, o godz. 21:15:

I've been asked by the monks of St. Leo Abbey in Florida to help them update their Compline booklets, with possibly more work in the future.  I am brand new to Gregorio, having installed it earlier this week.  Today, after many hours of troubleshooting, I was able to get a very simple script to produce an acceptable PDF scale.  Then, I tried to produce the "Populus Sion" example from the website, and now have problem I cannot make any progress on.

There are no fatal errors in the build process, but the PDF has serious problem.  I am not sure where this is coming from.  My simple script is exactly like this one, except for the name value and all the gabc after the %%.  Can I get some troubleshooting advice, please?  See the PDF in the attached ZIP.  Sorry to bother you with this, but I'm really stumped.  It might have something to do with \hbox or badness, but I'm only guessing.  I've used Perl for many years, so no problem updating it if needed.

Thanks.

--
Ken Conrad
407-493-0785