On 15/12/23 14:14, Damian McGuckin wrote:
There are times when I prefer to use other tools like simple Python to do some of the harder work such as creating alternate/multiple documents from some master depending on the scenario.

A lot of the documentation for Documenters Workbench 3.3, the most recent version of groff and friends from Plan 9, is available. The documentation is written in itself.

Of course, you are correct.

What a lot of newcomers don't realize (and everyone else sometimes forgets) is that a [gt]roff input file is a simple text file. If the input file is written in a civilized fashion it can be torn apart by whatever text parsing tool you care to use.

Sorry Damian, I couldn't resist the epilogue.

Robert
A computing laddie from Dundee
Once wrote a program in P... .
But it ran quicker in ed,