PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME TO:
http://hire.jobvite.com/j/?cj=oVbjVfw4&s=Another_Source";>here</a> to apply.

VerticalResponse, Inc is a leading provider of self-service email and direct
mail solutions and is seeking a Sr. Database Administrator. We've been
recognized as one of the top 100 best places to work in the bay area and top
100 fastest growing businesses in San Francisco (SF Biz Times) as well as one
of the top 500 fastest growing businesses in the country (Inc.com). Over the
past 8 years we have helped thousands of small businesses look like giants with
easy-to-use and affordable marketing tools and we're looking to extend our
rapid growth in 2010 and beyond.

"Work hard, play hard" sounds so cliché but it's really the best way to
describe VR. To say we're passionate about helping small businesses grow is an
understatement and to say we take ourselves too seriously along the way is an
overstatement. Our employees thrive on challenges and we celebrate our hard-won
accomplishments with a weekly libation. You will usually see us, including our
CEO, in our jeans and with our nose to the stone.

We are looking for an extremely talented MySQL database administrator to join
our rapidly growing engineering team.

The primary responsibility for this position will be the management and tuning
of our production MySQL databases to ensure high availability and optimal
performance. The DBA will be responsible for redundancy, replication,
scripting, and and availability strategies. The position will work closely with
the operations team to ensure that backups and replication operate smoothly and
efficiently. This position will also work closely with the engineering team and
the product architect on schema design and query optimization.

Responsibilities Include:

* Implement, manage, monitor and performance tune production databases in
VerticalResponse's 24x7x365 environment
* Responsible for backup strategies, recovery, sizing and replication of
databases
* Work with the application developers on schema design and query optimization
* Resolve complex database problems through hard-learned experience, research
and a strong sense of the 'right way' to solve problems
* Establish policies and procedures for database management and security
* Test and apply patches/updates and service packs
* Support development, QA and production environments including off-hours
support as needed

This position reports to the Director of Network Operations in San Francisco,
CA.

Requirements Include:

* Bachelors degree or equivalent experience and expert database knowledge
* A minimum of 5 years of production DBA experience with MySQL
* Sybase and T/SQL experience is a big plus
* Previous experience with administration, performance tuning, profiling,
backup & recovery in a 24x7x365 environment
* Experienced with data modeling, stored procedure and trigger creation and
maintenance
* Enterprise software experience working with large 100GB+ SAN-attached
data-sets
* Strong knowledge of Linux/UNIX
* Experience with OLTP and data warehousing approaches to storing data
* Experience with at least one of: OO Perl, Ruby, or Python
* Ability to work independently
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Sense of humor is essential