Hello Globus service and framework developers,

I want to explain an idea I had about combining a grid service with the Eclipse framework.

My goal is to have an Eclipse-based grid service so I can make use of the elaborate Eclipse plug-in system. This would help in developing dynamic services as plug-ins can be hot-deployed into the platform.

A similar project is the Equinox servlet bridge. It starts an Eclipse platform inside a servlet container (e.g. Tomcat). A servlet request would be forwarded to a registered delegate servlet that resides in the running Eclipse platform. This servlet's functionality can then be dynamically extended via the Eclipse extension point mechanism.

I would like to discuss about the possibility of spawning a plug-in-based version of the Globus Toolkit. Via an extension point, new web services could then be added as Eclipse plug-ins. What is your opinion about that?

Have a good day,
Stefan Kurzbach
begin:vcard
fn:Stefan Kurzbach
n:Kurzbach;Stefan
org;quoted-printable;quoted-printable:Technische Universit=C3=A4t Hamburg-Harburg;Institut f=C3=BCr Wasserbau
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
tel;work:+49 40 42878 4305
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
version:2.1