Googling for that error string returns a copy of the old GT2 GRAM error FAQ:
http://drupal.star.bnl.gov/STAR/?q=node/424#transfer

Try following the advice in that entry.

Charles

On Oct 6, 2008, at 7:49 AM, Yoichi Takayama wrote:

Hi Charles,

I am trying to install Pegasus with Globus 4.2.0 and Condor 7.0.1.

Apparently Pegasus submits a job via port 2119, I think that it is the gatekeeper (GRAM2).

Since GT 4.2.0 contains GRAM2, I have configured the gatekeeper and jobmanager as your instructions:

  GT 4.2.0 GRAM2: Admin Guide:
http://www.globus.org/toolkit/docs/4.2/4.2.0/execution/gram2/admin/index.html

Although it uses grid-proxy-init, I think that myproxy should also work. (I have also installed certs etc. for grid-proxy-init as the instructions told me).

However, the test described in the instructions (http://www.globus.org/toolkit/docs/4.2/4.2.0/execution/gram2/admin/gram2-admin-testing.html ) fails with:

$ globus-job-run "grid2.ramscommunity.org:42762:/O=Grid/ OU=GlobusTest/OU=simpleCA-grid2.ramscommunity.org/ OU=ramscommunity.org/CN=Yoichi Takayama" /bin/date
Mon Oct  6 23:00:16 EST 2008
GRAM Job submission failed because data transfer to the server failed (error code 10)

Since the normal log file for gatekeeper (var/globus-gatekeeper.log) does not seem to record the globus-personal-gatekeeper, I cannot tell more than this.

My steps are described at:

http://wiki.ramp.org.au/display/vmware/4.9+Globus+-+Node+2+-+GRAM2+(gsigatekeeper%2C+jobmanager)

Can you think of some possible causes for this?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Yoichi

Yoichi Takayama, PhD
Senior Research Fellow
RAMP Project
MELCOE (Macquarie E-Learning Centre of Excellence)
MACQUARIE UNIVERSITY

Phone: +61 (0)2 9850 9073
Fax: +61 (0)2 9850 6527
www.mq.edu.au
www.melcoe.mq.edu.au/projects/RAMP/
MACQUARIE UNIVERSITY: CRICOS Provider No 00002J

This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender. Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of Macquarie E-Learning Centre Of Excellence (MELCOE) or Macquarie University.