Hello Doug,

The best way to debug a segmentation fault is with a debugger like gdb.
If you're able to diagnose the problem, please submit a bug report to
<http://bugzilla.globus.org/>.

I suspect the problem is caused by a shared library version mismatch.
It's risky to use binaries built for one platform on another platform.
Since there's no binary distribution for Ubuntu, I suggest using the
source installer.

-Jim