Hello,

I've been trying to  setup multicast gridftp, and have run into a problem.  I
have no trouble using unicast gsiftp anywhere in my grid.  However, multicast
fails with the following error:

   500-Command failed. : GMC_ERROR=
   500-gsiftp://localhost/tmp/test2
   500 End.

For testing, I the following setup:

   Globus-gridftp-server is running from inetd with options -I -fs-whitelist
file,gridftp_multicast

   The multicast file I'm trying to use looks like this:

      gsiftp://localhost/tmp/test1
      gsiftp://localhost/tmp/test2

   The command I run is this:

      globus-url-copy -vb -dbg -MC multicast.file file:///var/opt/oracle/test0

   The output looks like this:

      Source: file:///var/opt/oracle/
      Dest:   gsiftp://localhost/tmp/
        test0  ->  test1
      debug: starting to put gsiftp://localhost/tmp/test1
      debug: connecting to gsiftp://localhost/tmp/test1

      debug: response from gsiftp://localhost/tmp/test1:
      220 f11hh37-05.idc1.level3.com GridFTP Server 3.15 (gcc32dbgpthr,
1222656151-78) [Globus Toolkit 4.2.1] ready.

      debug: authenticating with gsiftp://localhost/tmp/test1
      debug: response from gsiftp://localhost/tmp/test1:
      230 User oracle logged in.

      debug: sending command to gsiftp://localhost/tmp/test1:
      SITE HELP

      debug: response from gsiftp://localhost/tmp/test1:
      214-The following commands are recognized:
          ALLO    APPE    REST    CWD     CDUP    DCAU    EPSV    FEAT
          ERET    MDTM    STAT    ESTO    HELP    LIST    MODE    NLST
          MLSD    PASV    RNFR    MLST    NOOP    OPTS    STOR    PASS
          PBSZ    PORT    PROT    SITE    EPRT    RETR    SPOR    SCKS
          TREV    PWD     QUIT    SBUF    SIZE    SPAS    STRU    SYST
          RNTO    TYPE    USER    LANG    MKD     RMD     DELE    CKSM
      214 End

      debug: sending command to gsiftp://localhost/tmp/test1:
      FEAT

      debug: response from gsiftp://localhost/tmp/test1:
      211-Extensions supported
       AUTHZ_ASSERT
       UTF8
       LANG EN
       DCAU
       PARALLEL
       SIZE
       MLST
Type*;Size*;Modify*;Perm*;Charset;UNIX.mode*;UNIX.owner*;UNIX.group*;Unique*;UNIX.slink*;
       ERET
       ESTO
       SPAS
       SPOR
       REST STREAM
       MDTM
       PASV AllowDelayed;
      211 End.

      debug: sending command to gsiftp://localhost/tmp/test1:
      TYPE I
      debug: response from gsiftp://localhost/tmp/test1:
      200 Type set to I.

      debug: sending command to gsiftp://localhost/tmp/test1:
      SITE SETDISKSTACK
file,gridftp_multicast:%3Burls%3D%23gsiftp%253A//localhost/tmp/test2?

      debug: response from gsiftp://localhost/tmp/test1:
      250 OK.

      debug: sending command to gsiftp://localhost/tmp/test1:
      PBSZ 1048576

      debug: response from gsiftp://localhost/tmp/test1:
      200 PBSZ=1048576

      debug: sending command to gsiftp://localhost/tmp/test1:
      PASV

      debug: response from gsiftp://localhost/tmp/test1:
      227 Entering Passive Mode (127,0,0,1,211,6)

      debug: sending command to gsiftp://localhost/tmp/test1:
      ALLO 376

      debug: response from gsiftp://localhost/tmp/test1:
      200 ALLO command successful.

      debug: sending command to gsiftp://localhost/tmp/test1:
      STOR /tmp/test1

      debug: response from gsiftp://localhost/tmp/test1:
      150 Begining transfer.

      debug: writing buffer 547e8, length 376, offset=0, eof=true
      debug: data callback, no error, buffer 547e8, length 376, offset=0,
eof=true
      debug: response from gsiftp://localhost/tmp/test1:  0.00 MB/sec inst
      500-Command failed. : GMC_ERROR=
      500-gsiftp://localhost/tmp/test2
      500 End.

      debug: operation complete

      error: globus_ftp_client: the server responded with an error
      500 500-Command failed. : GMC_ERROR=
      500-gsiftp://localhost/tmp/test2
      500 End.

I've tried this with gt4.2.1 and gt5.0.0 and I get the same error.  The problem
looks like it may be an authentication problem on the connection for the second
copy.  I've tried the simpleCA setup and a setup with myproxy-server, but end
up with the same results.  Is there something beyond the initial security setup
that I'm probably missing?  The logs for the globus-gridftp-server are not
helping they show the second connection being made, but it is closed
immediately, but beyond that, there is no information on why.  Another note
which may be important...  I'm running this on Solaris 10 built with gcc.  I've
gotten it to build cleanly, though.

Thanks very much for any help you could provide.

-Andy