It appears you skipped the "vim /etc/myproxy-server.config" step to
uncomment (remove the '#' character) from the following lines:

accepted_credentials  "*"
authorized_retrievers "*"
default_retrievers    "*"
authorized_renewers   "*"
default_renewers      "none"
authorized_key_retrievers "*"
default_key_retrievers "none"

By default, the myproxy-server.config does not enable any access.
Uncommenting these lines is necessary to allow (authorize) access as
required by the quickstart.