Hi Petar,

There's a hierarchy of TERENA CAs, and you need to have the full CA
hierarchy installed in /etc/grid-security/certificates.

For example:

$ openssl x509 -subject -issuer -noout < ff783690.0
subject= /C=US/ST=UT/L=Salt Lake City/O=The USERTRUST
Network/OU=http://www.usertrust.com/CN=UTN-USERFirst-Hardware
issuer= /C=SE/O=AddTrust AB/OU=AddTrust External TTP Network/CN=AddTrust
External CA Root

There are links to each CA in the "certificate chain" at

  http://www.terena.org/activities/tcs/repository/

But it'd probably be easier to install the CAs you need from the current
IGTF distribution at

  https://dist.eugridpma.org/distribution/current/

because that will give you the .signing_policy files too.

Also, I recommend that you use the TERENA "eScience" CAs for grid
applications.

-Jim

P.S. For TERENA CA questions, I suggest posting on the t...@terena.org