On behalf of the Globus Toolkit development team, I am pleased to announce the
production release of Globus Toolkit (GT) 5.2.

GT 5.2 is the culmination of more than a year of development effort to greatly
enhance the ability to install, setup and update the GT client and service
components.  This has been achieved by providing binary native packages for the
following platforms: Red Hat, Fedora, Debian, Ubuntu, Scientific Linux, and
CentOS.  We will maintain a Globus repository containing all packages.  We have
started the process to become package maintainers for various RPM and Debian
repos and will be working to include the 5.2 Globus packages into these repos
soon.

Many thanks to the IGE (Initiative for Globus in Europe) team for their
collaboration and contributions on this native packaging effort.  Also, I'd
like to thank Joe Bester for his significant development contributions on this
release.

By following the Quickstart guide, you can now easily install and setup a full
GT environment in minutes.

GT 5.2.0 includes the latest versions of all components: GRAM, GridFTP, MyProxy
and GSISSH.  This latest version of GRAM includes a number of scalability and
reliability improvements found from working with Open Science Grid (OSG) that
are not in the 5.0 series.  GridFTP added support for the DCSC command, which
allows the client to specify credentials used to secure the data channel
connection.  Globus Online utilizes this command for seamless data movement
across multiple security domains.

GT 5.2 is protocol and client API compatible with GT 5.0 (e.g. 5.2 clients will
work with GT 5.0 services, and visa versa.)

Relevant 5.2 links:

- Release notes: http://www.globus.org/toolkit/docs/5.2/5.2.0/rn/
- Software: http://www.globus.org/toolkit/downloads/5.2.0/
- Documentation: http://www.globus.org/toolkit/docs/5.2/5.2.0/
- Support: http://dev.globus.org/wiki/Globus_Toolkit#Mailing_Lists

We look forward to and encourage your feedback on GT 5.2.  Thanks for your
support of Globus software.

Viva Globus!

-Stu Martin