From: gt-user-boun...@lists.globus.org [gt-user-boun...@lists.globus.org] on
behalf of Suchandra Thapa [ssth...@uchicago.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2016 12:23 PM
To: gt-user@lists.globus.org
Subject: [gt-user] gridftp issue

Hi,

I'm seeing an odd issue with gridftp that seems to be related to how gridftp
uses ports.  I have a gridftp server running in a LXC container.  If I run
gfal-ls on the container, I can get a directory listing.  However  gfal-ls
hangs when run on the host running the container or another machine in the same
data center.  The issue is probably a firewall or router blocking something but
I'm having trouble figuring out what's been blocked.  What is the sequence for
communications and ports being used when a gfal-ls is run against a gridftp
server?  If it matters, GLOBUS_TCP_PORT_RANGE is set to 20000,25000 .

Thanks,
Suchandra

Suchandra Thapa
sth...@ci.uchicago.edu<mailto:sth...@ci.uchicago.edu>