Hi,

I'm working on an audio player application.  I currently have two
elements that change on a frequent basis: a GtkHScale and a GtkImage.
Whenever I update the data, I call gtk_widget_queue_draw on the widget
that changed.  With just the slider updating every 200ms, it works fine.
  If I add the GtkImage changing (by swapping out the GdkPixbuf with
gtk_image_pixbuf_set) or I call gtk_widget_queue_draw on the widget, the
UI waits about 2.5s in between redraws on both the slider and the image.
  This event happens about every 186ms.

Is there something that I should be doing differently here?  Is this
method horribly inefficient?  What should I change?

Thanks,
David Brigada