Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
> I just dont think we should dive right into writing up a GtkRocketShip or
> a GtkFlashScene without having paved the way with a simple GtkCanvas that
> is usefull to everybody first - rocket ships and geckos might also be
> considered as unneeded bloat to gtk+, and could probably better be included
> a little higher up in the stack.

You may be overestimating the futuristicness of something more useful
than GnomeCanvas ;-)

e.g. the HippoCanvas I wrote in 3 days lacks some stuff (i.e. I didn't
bother to support events other than button press), but it's already more
useful than GnomeCanvas because it supports layout (width-for-height
layout even). I'm sure the other more serious existing implementations
have also surpassed GnomeCanvas already.

Havoc