On Nov 20, 2007 8:45 PM, Behdad Esfahbod <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>     a) Maximize number of children taking their natural size.

I am not convinced this is always the best strategy. Doesn't this
encourage starving
one child in favour of the rest of the pack getting their natural size
? If you really want
to be flexible in this, you probably need to go to a TeX-like glue
model and assign
stretchabilities and shrinkabilities to children.

>     b) The allocated size of children should be a continuous function of
> c_gap.  That is, increasing the container size by one pixel should never
> make drastic changes in the distribution.

This one I fully agree with.