On  2 Sep 2011, raphael_manfr...@pobox.com wrote:

> How can I work with multiple sandboxes tied to the same GIT database?

I have been grappling with git for some time.  People keep saying that
it has different 'models', but I could never find any sort of discussion
of what these models are [a high level overview].  So, there is a method
in 'git' that isn't available in other revision control systems I have
used.

Take a look at
  http://kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-rebase.html

This type of functionality is not available with cvs/svn.  I think you
should keep all of the source together and use branches.  You can easily
'fast forward' you working branch to get caught up with the head.

Branches are definitely cheap with git.  I would suggest that you could
have several 'feature' branches.  You can use git rebase to sync
different branches; especially to keep you feature branches current with
the 'head/master'.

Anyways, there are many new/foreign commands with git, but I think the
'rebase' concept is an important new tool.  Definitely, git is much
better at managing things in parallel.  However, it has a little bit of
a learning curve.

Hope that helps,
Bill Pringlemeir.