On Sat, 2010-04-03 at 19:12 +0200, Axel Simon wrote:

> Although I think you need a mentor at Google as
> well. Maybe you could mail Paolo Martini p.mart...@neuralnoise.com
> who had a SoC project when he bound the Cairo modules.

You don't need a mentor at Google, unless something has changed this
year that I missed.

> > I think it could replace most of the current automatic code
> > I'm also thinking it might be good to skip the c2hs layer in this new
> > tool, avoiding the issues with gtk2hs having to maintain its own old
> > c2hs fork vs. the regular version on Hackage.
>
> As a long term solutions, this is certainly interesting. It is a bit
> annoying that many functions that need to be tweaked manually become
> harder to write.

I hadn't thought of that.

> Let me know what you decide!

Whether I do GSoC is dependent on whether I get into some kind of
physics research which I applied for and sort of need to graduate and/or
get into grad school. I don't think I'll hear back from those until
after the GSoC application deadline so...

If I don't do it for GSoC, I might be interested in working on it in the
fall.

- Matt