Quoting Hamish Mackenzie <hamish.k.macken...@gmail.com>:

> On 28 Jan 2013, at 20:07, Axel Simon <axel.si...@in.tum.de> wrote:
>
>> Dear Luca,
>>
>> On 27.01.2013, at 15:16, Luca Bruno wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I'm a Haskell newbie coming from the Vala world (GNOME, GTK+, etc.).
>>> I've read you are the author of Gtk2hs, thanks for your work. I'm
>>> interested in writing gui applications in haskell.
>>> I've recently tried out haskell-gi. It is obviously still incomplete
>>> but promising. I'd be interested in contributing to a project like
>>> that, though given my low haskell knowledge I'm resilient to work
>>> alone on such a project.
>>> Perhaps, do you have any plan for gtk3hs? Any kind of ongoing work
>>> not yet published? Do you think there's place for gtk in haskell or
>>> there are better solutions? Do you think gtk3 is good in general?
>>>

> If it is Gtk3 support you are after there are patches here...
>
> https://patch-tag.com/r/hamish/gtk2hs/home
>
> We have tried to put the changes in #ifdefs, so it should still work
> fine with Gtk2 (use -f-gtk3 to build with Gtk2).
>
> I am fairly happy with these patches now (Leksah is running fine
> with Gtk3).  You sometimes have to change your code to get it to
> work with Gtk3, but most of the changes are as per the Gtk2 -> Gtk3
> migration guide.  There will be a few new Gtk3 features that are not
> included yet.
>
> Axel, what needs to be done before we could merge these into the
> main Gtk2Hs darcs repo?

Basically, I just need to marshall the time to take a look at them. I
haven't had a lot of time for gtk2hs in the past month or so, but I
will be picking things back up in the next week or two. Previously,
clearing out the bug tracker had been my biggest priority, but I
understand that a lot of people want gtk3hs support, so you can expect
this to be the first thing I devote time to.

Thanks again for the hard work you've done. I will look at it soon, I promise.
~d