Leo Rodrigues" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

RE: [Gulf Goans] Chris Perry - The Music Magician
(Graciano questions ?)
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Dear Sir,

I wish to add to Chris Perry Story.  Chris Perry first came to Delhi with Lorna to play at the Gaylords Restaurant, one of the best restaurants in the 60's.
The first band engaged by Gaylords when it was inaugurated was led by Joe Rodrigues.  Lorna became very popular in Delhi and it was difficult to find a table at Gaylords those days.

The Goan Sports Club organized the Chris Perry Nite at AIFACS hall with Lorna.  The show was a sell out.
Chris helped the Goan Sports Club to raise funds for their football activities.  He also played along with Joe Rodrigues at the Goan Sports Dances those days, without charging a penny.  Such was his magnanimity.

As a school boy I got to know him, a down to erth human being, a jovial person and ever ready to help.
May his soul rest in peace.

Leo Rodrigues
Ex- President
Goan Sports & Cultural Club, Delhi

-----Original Message-----
From: gulf-goans@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Cleret Fernandes
To: gulf-goans@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Gulf Goans] Chris Perry - The Music Magician
(Gracianoquestions ?)

From: "cleret fernandes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
RE: [Gulf Goans] Chris Perry - The Music Magician

Thanks for the  write up forwarded of Chris perry,
also one question is not answered by any media of GOA-
as we know now that  Lorna is indeed a personality and
the voice which was discovered well by Chris in time
in those days.
At the same time why was Lorna missing during  the
years ??  and yes the people missed her voice too.....
  what was the missing gap..

Would any one clarify or shed some light into it...???
Can guys...?  I believe

If true or untrue  the person who  lifted her up has
so put her down As  the true story should be that she
was banned from singing  any public place etc.  who
did  that...????  It would probably clarify to all and
provide justic to themusic media..  25 years of   shut
down by force.

This is what I have being given  by lots of our  music
fans..   we cant contest all of the news. good and
bad. but only  the good is exposed. we Goans never
want our types to  shine high ?

Rgds

Graciano