OPERATION-ALEMAO
Congressmen behind sting operation: Alemao
PANAJI, DEC 23, 2005  (PTI)
Outlookindia.com

Congress MP from South Goa, Churchill Alemao, who was caught on camera in a sting operation into MPLAD project allocation scheme, today alleged his partymen in the state, who feared he may get inducted into the Union cabinet, were behind the operation.
"My own partymen from Goa are involved in this operation but I have nothing to worry as I am getting full support from the Central leadership," Alemao, the former Chief Minister of the state, told reporters in south Goa.
Alemao said the fears that he could be inducted as a Minister in the Union cabinet during next cabinet expansion, prompted his partymen in Goa to plan the operation.
"Wait and watch, I will prove as to who all are involved in this operation to defame me," said Alemao, addng he has full faith in the Central leadership.
"I am accountable to the Central leadership only and they know that I am innocent," Alemao said.
Refusing to name any state party leader, Alemao said he would not lodge a complaint with the Central leadership but wait for the right time to act against the local leaders.
He said he has a tape to prove that the brains behind operation were "agents" working on behalf of the news channel to make money.
Alemao also alleged two persons, who had come to his house during the operation, tried to blackmail him asking for Rs 2 lakh.
"When they realised that they cannot bribe me, they tried to blackmail me for Rs 2 lakh through two of my friends stating that they have the video recordings of me asking for money," Alemao added.

- Forwarded by www.goa-world.com

This first of its kind Gulf-Goans e-newsletter archived at www.yahoogroups.com/group/gulf-goans is dedicated to Goans around the Globe and is moderated/edited by Gaspar Almeida (since 1994) and presented by Ulysses Menezes, owner of http://www.goa-world.com website.

EXPRESSIONS - The Flower Shop (Goa) www.goa-world.com/expressions/
THE GOAN FORUM www.colaco.net
SUPERGOA www.supergoa.com

-------
Feliz Natal e Próspero Ano Novo
Sontosborit Natalam ani Khuxelborit Novem Voros

http://www.goa-world.com
http://www.live365.com/stations/61664 Live Konkani Music
http://www.mahableshwar.com/

Addresses: