In a message dated 11/13/2005 7:41:55 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

How does  this dress actually close? The picture that shows the inside  bodice
construction confuses me. It seems to have two front pieces, plain  white,
that close in some way that doesn't show. And then the bib comes up  over it,
and attaches somehow that is also not apparent.

So how does  it work?

It may have all been pins.  The white lining flaps probably pinned  shut, and
sometimes the bib was pinned in place, as well--sometimes. though, it
buttoned, with thread or, rarely, fabric, loops.  If you can examine the
actual
garment, you can often see marks from repeated pinning.

I pin my flaps now, although some folks opt to substitute snaps,  instead.

Ann Wass